Monday 18 October 2010

Dresses and Shoes!

Well I had to delete my old posts as it was quite embarrassing... not only it was two (yes only two...) most random entries, they were made one in 2009 and other in 2008....!! *dies* Only site I log on frequently now day is Deviant Art and I update my journal every 2month or so ...which is not often. Here I don't have to just write about my art or explain (a.k.a give excuse lol) why I haven't been around to update anything. Think I'll put up pictures of things I found amusing, and arts that's not suited for Deviant site. (scrap materials and experiments!)

Anyhow...long rambling aside.. I've been little obsessed looking around online for things for my wedding next year. It's on end of April so I still have ages. (well maybe not that long if you ask others...) I finally chose my dress and ordered them other day.

After seeing sooo many pictures of dresses online, I just got wedding gown overdose and started to feel bit nauseous looking at it (all those white colour!!)...so I went for the first one I really liked and pressed the button for order. Now at least I don't have to look at anymore dresses! It's done.

I had lot of trouble looking for a perfect shoes to go with it as well. I initially was thinking of getting violet/lavender colour satin shoes since my colour scheme was lavender/gold/olive-green. I figured it could work as accent. Although I soon find out there are so many different shades of purple out there and most of them looked quite cheap...something about the combination of shiny satin material and purple shade...does not complement each other.

In the end I ordered lovely ivory heels with corsage on the side, but had it delivered to a store so I can try it on before I purchase it.
Well as I suspected, the online pic was rather deceiving....they look quite nice from the side but from front, the corsage looks too big and sticks out too much...and white lace was bit old lady-ish. I picked up jewelled ankle cuff heels instead, which I initially thought bit plain compare to the other one...but they were different from the standard wedding shoes, gorgeous when you actually wear them, really accentuates your ankle. I know you can't see the shoes under the dress, but I'll definitely take a shot of heels as part of my wedding photo!

The sweetheart neckline taffeta dress is from Bridal Wedding Gowns.ca -> http://www.bridalweddinggowns.ca/
These lovely bridal Shoes are from Barratts ->http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/womens/wedding-shoes/bridal-shoes/










No comments: