Tuesday 19 October 2010

Purple Heaven






So I've been searching/collecting for hair accessories in purple shade for the big day... since my sister chose a bridesmaid dress in purple so is my colour scheme for wedding. lol Apparently purple shade is the IN colour for wedding this year and next year according to bridal magazine. Well, that's good news I guess. I always liked purple...though my favourite is darker shades either blue tinted midnight purple or grape/mauve shade, never really pastel lilac. Although I need to be careful what shade I choose, as my dress is ivory I can't have a accessories that's too dark, need to stay away from any purple with too much black I guess (though I do love black and purple combinations!)




These will definitely look nice with bridesmaid dress! Under fiver from Primark.



Little bundle of lavender/lilac colour roses for my hair, from Antique shop in Angel's market for under fiver. I love the bottle design of this Anna Sui and Lanvin perfume...lavender colour liquid, both smell gorgeous.




Choosing a necklace is a headache as well. I want to stay away from conventional looking white/ivory colour jewellery. Since I'm wearing ivory dress I decided to go with little purple in my accessories for accent. Although anything with purple, either lavender colour freshwater pearl or violet colour gems they can look too pink or too Gothic! After looking around online, local markets, high street shops, nothing really tickled my fancy that within my budget!... for now I'll stick with this modest antique amethyst necklace my mum gave me while ago. It's simple and the colour is not overpowering yet can't be mistaken as pink...


No comments: